Contract for Services – Saint James Capua Hospital
Bioscint Engineering has been entrusted with a service contract to operate the Biomedical Engineering Department of Saint James Capua Hospital – the main headquarters of the Saint James Hospital Group in Malta, Europe. Bioscint Engineering was contracted to assign two members of its medical engineering team to run the department in accordance with best practices.
The team runs the service around the standard Life Cycle Management of medical devices, and thus implements the following stages of operation on a daily basis:
- Inventory management of all the medical device portfolio
- Assisting with the design of product specifications prior to equipment purchase
- Product installation, commissioning and acceptance testing
- Corrective maintenance and Preventive Maintenance on all medical devices
- Decomissioning of medical equipment which is no longer in use.