Contract for Services – Saint James Hospital Zabbar
Bioscint Engineering has been entrusted with a service contract to operate the Biomedical Engineering Department of Saint James Hospital Zabbar. Saint James Zabbar is the sister branch of the main head quarters Saint James Capua Hospital. It however operates a two satellite clinics spread around the country, mainly the Zebbug Highway Clinic and Burmarrad Highway Clinic.
As done for the rest of the Group, the team runs the service around the standard Life Cycle Management of medical devices, and thus implements the following stages of operation on a daily basis:
- Inventory management of all the medical device portfolio
- Assisting with the design of product specifications prior to equipment purchase
- Product installation, commissioning and acceptance testing
- Corrective maintenance and Preventive Maintenance on all medical devices
- Decomissioning of medical equipment which is no longer in use.