Career Opportunity – Scientific & Metrology Specialist
Bioscint Engineering Ltd is a medical & scientific engineering firm which specialises in the provision of engineering products and services. With offices inside the Malta Life Sciences Park and laboratories inside Saint James Hospital, it provides a fast-paced and exciting environment for scientists and engineers interested in working closely with engineering technology.
We are presently looking to recruit a Scientific & Metrology Specialist to join our growing team. This role calls for a person with scientific or engineering background to develop new business opportunities for the company. An attractive salary + commission package will be offered to the right candidate.
As a member of our team, your responsibilities would include:
- Reviewing and participating in tenders for supply of scientific and metrology equipment.
- Carrying out market research to establish relationships with suppliers and manufacturers of scientific and metrology equipment and supplies.
- Seeking out new business development opportunities, to promote and sell scientific and metrology equipment.
- Carrying out market research to identify opportunities for provision of scientific, analytic and metrology services to the local market.
- Defining standard operating procedures, setting up equipment, and providing services to the local market using scientific and metrology equipment.
- Acting as a first point of contact for customer support and after sales service, relating to scientific and metrology equipment.
The idea candidate should meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Have as a minimum qualification a Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Chemistry, or Electrical / Mechanical Engineering.
- Be highly organized and methodical
- Have good interpersonal skills to communicate fellow employees
- Have good command of the English and Maltese language, and have the ability to prepare reports and presentations on technical issues
- Be computer literate
- Possess a clean driving license.
- Previous work experience of 1 – 2 years in similar role or market would be considered an asset.
If you feel you have what it takes to join our team, kindly set us an email, including your CV and cover letter on firstname.lastname@example.org