Career Opportunity – Junior Engineer
Bioscint Engineering Ltd is a medical engineering firm which specializes on the provision of biomedical engineering services, medical devices and technical support. With offices inside the Malta Life Sciences Park and laboratories inside Saint James Hospital, it provides a fast-paced and exciting environment for engineers interested in working closely with medical engineering technology.
We are presently looking to recruit a Junior Engineer to join our growing medical engineering team. The Junior Engineer is a professional who supports and advances patient care by applying electrical and mechanical engineering skills to healthcare technology. Their responsibilities revolve mostly around ensuring that medical equipment and devices within client premises are procured according to specification, functionally safe and in good working order. As a member of our team, your responsibilities would include:
- Reporting to the Engineering manager, while concurrently assisting in the supervision of technicians.
- Assisting with market research for procurement of new medical equipment, as well as preparing tenders with bills of quantities and specifications for purchase of equipment.
- Assisting with engineering design of site layouts and building services required to receive new medical equipment.
- Commissioning new medical equipment through installation and acceptance testing.
- Assisting in the development of policies and procedures for the client’s operations.
- Maintaining a system of performance verification and precise calibration, to ensure that equipment is serviced regularly and functioning according to specification.
- Performing and documenting corrective maintenance on medical equipment that breaks down.
- Maintaining stock control and proper inventory of spare parts.
- Review patient care equipment safety alerts and device recall notices and take appropriate remedial action.
- Decommissioning of old medical equipment that is no longer in use.
The ideal candidate should meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Have as a minimum qualification a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or other equivalently suitable and related qualification.
- Be highly organized and methodical.
- Be effective at troubleshooting technical problems.
- Have good interpersonal skills to communicate with clinical staff and fellow employees.
- Have good command of the English and Maltese language and be able to prepare reports and presentations on technical issues.
- Be computer literate.
- Possess a clean driving license.
- Be willing travel on work related assignments on occasion.
- Previous work experience of up to 1 year would be nice to have but not required. Training will be provided on the job.
If you feel you have what it takes to join our team, kindly set us an email, including your CV and cover letter on email@example.com